lundi 13 septembre 2010

Barbezieux-Saint-Hilaire, France

12 septembre 2010:




Bordeaux, France

Oh la la! I will definitely miss the beautiful cathedrals and the fabulous vin! I couldn't get enough of the wine. I did lots of wine tastings and vineyard tours. It's interesting that Bordeaux is the largest wine region in the world.  Bordeaux definitely had a lot to offer to tourists.
Bordeaux Wine



On my way to Barbeziuex-Saint-Hilaire, I stopped in Saint-Denis-de-Pile. I decided to stay at Chateau de France to see how life in a chateau would be like! It was beautiful, and I had so much to do I didn't want to leave. After a morning swim in the pool I took a private tour of the vineyards and cellars located on the property. The tour was accompanied by wine tasting. Chateau living was definitely a lifestyle I could get use to. There were so many nearby activities to do such as golfing, horseback riding, hiking, and visiting the sandy beaches! 


I just arrived at  Barbezieux-Saint-Hilaire. It's approximately 84.3 km from Bordeaux. This town is known as a "market town." The town's north side is a vine covered countryside. 


The town is famous for their breed of chicken. The chicken is called "la poule noire de Barbezieux" and almost went extinct until they were saved to revive their popularity and are now bred successfully in the town.













A few other interesting things about Barbezieux-Saint-Hilaire is that their main economic activity is their cognac production. Very delicious and famous! It was interesting to take a tour of how they make the cognac. They even have certain types of wood the barrels are made out of. Their hot spring provides their town with central heating as well as rheumatism, circulatory problems, and respiratory breathing. I visited the hot springs and it was very fun! The have one of the largest aquatic center's in Europe called the Les Antilles. It is centered around a lagoon. It was very fun to see all the people that go to the aquatic center and have a good time. 












Resources: http://www.cognacetapes.com/itineraires/en/cognac-and-traditions.html

4 commentaires:

  1. Bordeaux sounds like a fun place to visit! I am sure the wine would be wonderful! The pictures you have put on your blog are great! The second picture isn't working for me, so I can't see your "Bordeaux Wine" photo. That tid bit about la poule noire de Barbezieux is very interesting! I think your blog is fun, and interesting! Nice job!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. I noticed that when I went back in so I did a little tweaking. Thanks!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Merci, Jill! J’adore les photos et le voyage! Amusez-vous bien!!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Jill your blog is great! I LOVE wine so the all the wine tasting you did sounded like my kind of fun:) I also loved the tidbit about the aquatic center what a fun all around great place to visit.

    RépondreSupprimer

Membres