mardi 12 octobre 2010

La Rochelle



I took the D137 from Saintes to La Rochelle. La Rochelle is on the West Coast of France. I got here pretty late and decided to just relax in the hotel room. I decided to stay at the Best Western Masqhotel. It's a very modern and high rated hotel. 
Front of Masqhotel
My room in the Masqhotel

The first thing I did in the morning was go to 
Le café de la Paix de La Rochelle. This is a very popular cafe that was created in 1793 and originally named Cafe Military (now called Peace (Paix)). It's a historical monument that has beautiful decor inside.

Le Cafe de la Paix
Inside the cafe
My meal at Les Flots
After a nice cappuccino at the cafe. I went to France's National History Museum; a.k.a. Muséum d'histoire naturelle de La Rochelle. It was really interesting to see and the grounds were very gorgeous! Afterwards I decided to go to Les Flots for dinner. It was a very nice restaurant with delicious food and tasteful white wine.
Cute sea animals & birds at the History Museum
Aquarium
The next day I went to Aquarium La Rochelle. There was so much to see it was so much fun. My favorite mammals to see were the sharks and the sea turtles. This was so cool, I recommend this place to everyone!
I went to Tour de la Lanterne. This place is really interesting because it is a lighthouse that was built in the 1400's and once used as a lighthouse. In the 19th century they used this place as a jail. Graffiti from all the prisoners decorate the walls.


Resources: http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en&biw=1273&bih=584&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=Le+café+de+la+Paix+de+La+Rochelle&fb=1&gl=us&hq=Le+café+de+la+Paix+de+La+Rochelle&hnear=Le+café+de+la+Paix+de+La+Rochelle&cid=16221883927061386832

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Membres